Special coverage for special items.

Certain items require coverage beyond what is provided under a standard homeowners insurance policy. Items that are high in value, that travel with you, or collectibles are items to consider covering under the Personal Articles or Inland Marine forms. Offering worldwide coverage and no deductible in most cases (fine arts items are restricted to the United States and Canada), the personal articles floater can be used to insure the following categories of personal property:

  • Cameras
  • Collectibles (such as dolls, model trains, sports cards, comic books, and stamp and coin collections)
  • Computer equipment and software (personal use only)
  • Fine art (such as paintings and sculptures)
  • Furs
  • Hearing aids and medical devices (such as insulin pumps, hearing implants, and artificial eyes and limbs)
  • Jewelry
  • Musical instruments
  • Silverware/goldware
  • Sports equipment
  • Sports, leisure, and powersport items (such as fishing equipment, bicycles, and golf clubs)

Scheduling valuable items like those above as a Personal Article (Inland Marine) can offer replacement value and fill the gaps in coverage on the homeowners policy giving you peace of mind.